Prohibited list of substances
The 2018 Prohibited List of Substances and Methods, valid as of January 1, 2018, is currently available in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
Please be aware that several common medicines used to treat pains and nausea, colds and flu, etc. contain prohibited substances. Pseudoephedrine, which has been included on the Prohibited List, is a substance in many of those medicines. Potential danger could cause also vitamin substitutes, herbal products and nutritional supplements which might contain Prohibited Substances as well. FIAS does not recommend you to take any nutritional supplements from unverified sources! Here are some tips, if you notwithstanding decide to take nutritional supplements:
- Think very carefully about the need for a Supplement before taking any;
- Find out exactly what the Supplement is meant to do and who manufactures it;
- Ask the manufacturer for a written declaration that the product contains only what is stated on the label and check carefully where they source their ingredients and how/where the product is packed;
- Get them analyzed in a laboratory;
- Try and get what your body needs from food. Consult a specialist in order to get the best outcome, which fits your person and different stages in training and competition.
For any questions related to Anti-Doping, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.